Friday, September 6, 2013

An early September update.

Well, bad luck strikes again for Justin. In Saturday's European Trophy game he blocked a shot in the foot causing a small crack in the inside of the bone. Not a serious break, but enough that he will be out for 2-3 weeks. I am now on extra Mama duty. Walking Titan every time, all the grocery shopping, double diaper duty, etc. Hopefully, (knock on wood) this will be the only injury of the season!

On a lighter note...

Now that Justin is home more, I was finally able to sneak away from my stay-at-home motherly duties for a little "me" time. This was the first time (other than some runs) since we got here in Vienna. So, it was much needed! The girls and I decided to test out stand-up paddle boarding at the lake. It was a blast! Couldn't have asked for a nicer day out and a prettier view!

 
 
 



I have been dying to try out this famous pasty cafĂ© and chocolatier downtown Vienna called Demel. It was founded in 1786, and moved to it's current location in 1857. It was once a purveyor to the Imperial and Royal court of Austria-Hungary. On the main floor you can watch the pastry artist make all the goods since the walls are all glass in the kitchen. Brayden LOVED watching them! Since we arrived pretty early, we had the best seat in the house. I don't think we were supposed to take photos, but oh well, I had to capture the moment.

 
"Borrowed" photo from the internet, but this is what the inside of the store looks like

Another borrowed photo, but this is exactly what the front counter looked like...HEAVEN!
 
Walking into the dining room, right next to the kitchen.

Brayden watching the pastry chefs make apple strudel.
 
Panaramic view from our seat into the kitchen...amazing!

My breakfast


Enjoying our breakfast

Brayden and I met a sweet family from Dubai. Their daughter, Luna, loved Brayden and played with him throughout breakfast.

Luna feeding Brayden his morning bottle...he had her wrapped around his little finger!

The weather is supposed to be amazing the next 10 days, so I am hoping to take my oldest son, Titan, paddle-boarding with me at some point!

I hope everyone back home had a great labor day weekend. I loved seeing everyone's back to school photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment