Friday, August 23, 2013

The Bakes On!

Those that know me well, know that I LOVE to cook and especially bake. So, when we were in Japan it killed me that we didn't have an oven. I think I made up for it enough though when I was at home baking at every chance I could get.

Now that it has FINALLY started cooling off here in Vienna, I am able to start thinking of baking all those goodies that I have been seeing on Pinterest!

Since I LOVE LOVE LOVE Autumn, I am trying desperately to wait until at least September 1st to bake anything with Pumpkin (my favorite). However, getting your hands on all the baking materials needed while living abroad can be tricky. I brought over both baking powder and baking soda, but was still in search of some other key ingredients.

Thankfully, one of the girls here knew of an International "Supermarket" that would carry the items I need...for a hefty price. The term "Supermarket" should really not be used to describe this place. I had to check Brayden's stroller at the door since it wouldn't fit down the aisle.




http://www.bobbys.at/

You got to love what an American/British food store thinks us Americans would love and miss while living in a different country...however it did make me feel like I was at home. They carry Poptarts, Marshmallow Fluff, Hubba Bubba Bubble gum, Lucky Charms, Spam, etc.



Here is what Brayden & I walked away with:


2.50 Euro a box...but who really can put a price on Mac & Cheese?

If you know Justin & I, we are big time pancake/waffle eaters and syrup sadly didn't make the trip in our suitcase, so when I saw the "Minnesota" Syrup it was destiny calling my name. Sadly however, it is not actually made in Minnesota. It's nice though to have a God's Country label in the cupboard.

Endless fall baking possibilities lies in this little can! I couldn't believe that actually carried it at this little store!

If Justin plays his cards right, he may have a nice treat made with this when he returns from Finland.

A true baking essential!

I can't wait for the leaves to start to turn and to start enjoying all that Autumn has to offer...including nice running/walking weather!

I have to give the person that got me into cooking and baking a shout out today since it's his BIRTHDAY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!! LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU TONS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment