Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Big Big Brayden

Since Justin has been on the road a lot lately, we were a little late getting in for our 1 month checkup for Brayden. We headed in to the clinic today for his checkup at 5 weeks of age. You may be wondering why we had to wait for Justin. Well, when we were discharged at the clinic after Brayden's birth, our Doctor had taken many photos with us prior to leaving. However, a nurse accidentally deleted these photos, so the Doctor demanded that we don't come back until Justin can come with to re-take these photos.

Our "re-taken" photo today with our Doctor & translator Tomoko


Brayden at 5 1/2 weeks
At our last appointment at 2 weeks of age, Brayden weighed in at exactly 9 pounds. Gaining 1 pound 1 oz. Today, 3 weeks later Brayden weighed over 12 pounds! He's been gaining over 1 pound per week! What a little chunk! Since I had no clue if that was normal or not, I checked out the mayo clinic web page. They state that a newborn to 6 month old baby should gain about 5-7 oz. per week. Well, I'm happy to say that Brayden is gaining over double that per week!

My Doctor was asking when I will be traveling back to the States with Brayden. When I told him I would be gone for almost a month, he looked at me and said "Don't worry! I will protect Justin!". He then tells Justin that he will be taking him out for dinner while I am gone, so he doesn't have to cook! On December 29th Justin will be going to an all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ restaurant with our Doctor. LUCKY HIM!! That is one of our favorite places to eat here in Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment