Sunday, November 18, 2012

Just me and my buddy!

I can't believe Brayden is over two weeks old already. Time is flying! We have been home now for a little over a week, and the week went really well. Justin left on Thursday for a 10 day road trip to the South of Japan for two games, and then they will head to China for three games. So it's just me and my buddy, Brayden! I have to say that it's nice to finally have someone in the house with me when Justin goes on long road trips!

We have been busy since Justin has left. On Friday Brayden had his first doctor's checkup. All was well. He weighed in just over 9 pounds, so he is getting big! From what I have learned, most women in Japan that breast feed still supplement bottle feed as well. So, when the doctor learned that I was only breast feeding, he was very impressed and said that is why Brayden got so big so fast.

Brayden still has a couple of little white dots on his face known as Milia. About 40% of babies get it. It occurs when skin gets trapped in tiny pockets near the surface of the baby's skin. It will go away on it's own within about a month. The nurse seemed very concerned about it, so she asked the doctor. Being that I already knew what it was and how it was caused, I almost laughed out loud when the doctor explained to me his version of what causes it. He told me that because I have only been giving him breast milk, the milk has a high fat content. Therefore, Brayden is a fat baby, and the fat is coming out of his skin on his face causing the white bumps. I just giggled to myself as he was explaining this to me.

On Saturday we had a wives luncheon at a local restaurant. I was excited to finally eat some sushi! Brayden was a trooper and slept through the whole thing! From there we went and hung out at our friend, Teresa's house. She is an amazing hostesses! We watched movies and ordered some takeout. We spent the night at her house. She, being the amazing friend that she is, let me take her king sized pillow top bed for the night and she slept on the couch. I felt like a queen!!! I was sleeping on a marshmallow all night, and luckily Brayden only woke up twice to eat! Her bed is such a luxury item, since Justin and I share a smaller than full size bed at our apartment (with no pillow top that's for sure!). It felt so good to get out of the house and spend time with some amazing friends! It was very relaxing and homey at her house.

When we got home today (Sunday) it was snowing outside. Where did Autumn go? It looks and feels like winter already. Brayden and I had a great afternoon of snuggling together on the couch. The only thing that would be better is if Justin and Titan were here!

Wishing Titan was here to snuggle with us during the snow storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment