Thursday, November 15, 2012

Homeward Bound!

Today, November 9th, Brayden, Justin, and I are officially released from the clinic! We had a wonderful stay, but I am truly excited to go home and be a family.

Brayden looks thrilled to be able to go home!

Brayden has already surpassed his birth weight by almost a pound! Not bad for one week! All that weight he put on means I was working overtime and am back at my pre-baby weight. Two big goals achieved! However, my mid-section does not look like it did pre-baby!! That will need some work..and some Mederma for this scar!!

I did achieve my weight goal with my doctor before giving birth (they want you to gain less than 20 pounds). Maybe they are on to something to this minimal weight gain. I felt wonderful my entire pregnancy, even up to the day I delivered. I was super mobile and had lots of energy. I also didn't retain any water. I know that everyone is completely different, and every pregnancy is different as well. But Brayden came out a healthy, good sized baby, and it only took a week for me to get back to my original weight. Kudos to my Doctor for motivating me to stay healthy! Now I just have to be motivated to keep the weight off!

My Maternity Aerobics friend and I. She gave birth to her son a day after Brayden.

I feel like a new woman today when they removed my staples and the rest of my bandages. It's one big step in recovery!

Timing couldn't be better that Justin has the whole weekend off. I can't wait to spend it with my new little family! I just wish my doggy Titan would be there to greet us when we got home! We are super excited to Skype our families so they can finally meet the little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment