Monday, November 11, 2013

1st Birthday

I'm a little late writing about Brayden's 1st birthday on November 1st, so here it goes...Justin and I threw him a "Lorax" themed birthday party since the movie, The Lorax, is his favorite. I was super excited to get crafty and make everything for his party. I got some printables off of etsy, and was on my way to all things Lorax.

I made the Truffula trees out of hockey sticks, wrapping paper, and balloons. I think they were one of my favorite things!
 
 
 
 
 
I decorated our entry door to look like the Lorax.
 

 
 

I made a banner and the food place cards as well.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Let's not forget the food! I baked a made from scratch blue velvet cake with blue cream cheese frosting. I decorated it with blueberries and clementines to resemble the Lorax's mustache.
 
 

Since we were having lots of Justin's teammates and their families over, I baked cupcakes in the shape of a "1" as well.
 
 
 
We had a GREAT time! Brayden was so excited to play with all the kids, and to see everyone.
 
 
 
 
 
 

A right of passage when a little one turns one is to taste their first sugar. Brayden is kinda a health nut...he LOVES all veggies and fruit, so I wasn't sure how the cake tasting would go. To my disappointment, he HATED the cake! He thought it was great that 30 people were watching him, but when it came to actually trying the cake he was not thrilled...I'm not sure were he gets that from because both Justin and I love sweets!
 
Here is a photo sequence of how the cake eating went....cry...laugh...repeat











One his actual birthday we had a good birthday breakfast, opened some gifts from his grandparents, uncle and aunt, and some family friends.


 

Gifts from Katie & Brian!





Hoodie from Uncle Mark & Auntie Karrisa

Blanket and stuffed animal from Grandma & Grandpa

Justin gave Brayden his first composite hockey stick for his birthday







He was pretty tired from his big birthday celebration and Halloween the couple of days before by taking a 3 hour nap in the morning and a 3 hour nap in the afternoon! So, we didn't get to do a whole lot on his birthday other than cheering Daddy on at his hockey game that night.  
 
 
 
 
 

Daddy won his hockey game and it was a great 1st birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment