Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Mission: Babysitter

 This summer we had an AMAZING nanny that Brayden just LOVED! When she would walk in the door, his face would light up with the biggest smile and start clapping. This made me feel so good that he was enjoying his time with her. It also made it less hard to leave him each day. We miss her so much!

Bailey & Brayden

I think he had an amazing summer with Bailey!

 In Japan I never tried to find a babysitter because it wasn't normal in their culture to leave your child since he was so young. However, now that he is 10 months old and sleeping through the night (HOORAY!), I think it is perfectly fine to seek out a babysitter here in Vienna, so that Justin and I can enjoy a night or two together. I am in a special search to find one by September 28th, which is the day the team has reserved tables at the Vienna Octoberfest.

I was brainstorming the ways to find a quality babysitter here. We live right next to an International School, so I thought about posting something for the high school students to see. But then I came across this website, Hallo Babysitter, which is an accredited babysitting service website for Moms to find a babysitter match for their child and vice-versa. I post a profile about our family and what we are looking for in a babysitter, and babysitters post a profile about themselves, their accreditations, experience, languages spoken, etc. It seems much like an online dating service, only for Moms trying to find a good sitter match for their children.

Now, I have never done the online dating thing, but I can imagine the process is very similar. I am checking out all the babysitters that would seem like a good fit for our family, while they are scoping out our profile to see if they would like us as well, all from the comfort of my computer and my cozy couch.

I got super excited after posting our profile that we were quickly contacted by three ladies. All speak English, German, and some another languages as well. I don't want to play favorites, but there is one who was an au pair in the States for a couple of years.

I then contacted them via text message (actual phone conversation seemed too scary still), and will be meeting all three (at different times of course) very soon. I also have never been on a blind date, which this seems kinda like, but at least I will have Brayden & Justin with me as a comfort cushion.

I am a pretty loyal person, so meeting three different babysitters seems weird. I don't want to "lead them on" if Brayden and her don't "click".

I meet two of them tomorrow...Nervous! I will let you know how it goes! Any good questions for me to ask her, please let me know...I have never interviewed a babysitter before!

No comments:

Post a Comment