Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Vienna Birthday Celebration

Last week I turned a year older; heading into my final year in my 20's. Where has the time gone? I couldn't be more thrilled than to celebrate my birthday in a beautiful European city like Vienna! I LOVE this city! There is so much to do, see, and eat!

It was the first day of trying out our new babysitter. She arrived right on time, and Justin and I were off to enjoy the city.

Our first stop was the famous Café Central. It first opened it's beautiful doors in 1876. It was a popular café to many writers, artists, and politicians such as Arthur Schnitzler, Sigmund Freud, Peter Altenberg, and Leo Trotzki. Pictures don't do this café justice. It is breathtaking inside and out! The coffee and food doesn't disappoint either!

The front of Café Central. No, I don't know those people I am standing next to.


The front of the café.
 
 
My favorite part...the dessert counter. So tempting right when you walk in!


How do you choose just one?


The interior of Café Central...AMAZING!
Drinks of choice..pot of coffee for me, and a Coca-Cola for Justin
Lunch!
We couldn't resist dessert! We went with the warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice-cream.
Justin has had a few chocolate cakes in his day, but claimed that this was the best he had
ever had!


A carriage ride and Vienna go hand-in-hand with each other. It's one of the major things the city is known for.

Horses have played a part in our family for many decades, so when I heard about the Spanish Riding School in Vienna that features the Lipizzaner stallions, I knew we had to check it out. Sadly, the horses had the day off from training, so we just took the tour of the stables and performance hall all of which is right downtown Vienna.

The largest outdoor horse walker in the world. It's used to train the horses the correct distance between each other.

The horse's performance hall.


The performance hall was amazing!
They wouldn't allow any photos of the horses or the stables, so here are a couple from the internet of what the Lipizzaner Stallions look like and their stables in Vienna. They are known for the insane jumps that they perform.


 
You can see the outside of the stables from the street.
The swanky inside of the stables.
 
They did let us take photos of their tack room.




After the tour, we strolled around downtown for a bit then headed back to our flat to relieve our babysitter. She did an amazing job, and Brayden was all smiles when we returned.

After an enjoyable afternoon downtown, it was nice to be at home with my three boys! It was a great birthday!








No comments:

Post a Comment