Friday, July 26, 2013

We Made It!

Before I left a lot of people asked me if I was going to continue my blog while I was in Vienna, so I thought I would give it a whirl.

Justin, Brayden, Titan, and I left on Wednesday with a layover in Washington Dulles. If you have ever traveled through that airport internationally, it is a mess. We had an hour and a half layover, and we had to really "book it" to get to our connecting gate. A bit of a challenge with everyone in tow, but we made it in the knick of time, but not enough time for Justin to grab something to eat...good thing we had some extra munchies for Brayden that Justin could have!

Eight hours later we arrived in Vienna. We got picked up and went straight to the rink and team office where we met all the friendly office staff. From there we went to our amazing apartment which HAS AN OVEN!!!! I will have to take some photos of our place and apartment building because it's gorgeous!

We unpacked and took a nap. Then we ventured out to the gigantic mall that's a 2 minute walk from our apartment. We got some basic essentials...shampoo, soap, dog toys, pool toys, etc...oh yeah did I mention that our apartment has an indoor pool?

Kind of an interesting night sleep wise for all of us. Justin went down at 7...Brayden and I at 8:30...woke up at 1...back to sleep by 2ish then up for good at 9:30 a.m...not too bad!

While Justin went to get his physical testing done, Brayden and I went for a run around the lake that is about 10 minutes (running time) away. IT IS BEAUTIFUL!! I can't wait to go swimming in it! Here are a few photos I took on the run:

You can rent all sorts of boats to go tooling around the lake in.
 I wish you could see the mountains in the background better!


Vienna's mini-Manhattan in the background


This picture is for my Dad...it's a boat "bulldozer" that is cleaning the lake! Pretty cool!


There are public beaches and swimming docks all along both sides of the lake.


I thought this couple was pretty cute!


That's all for now...I hope everyone is having a great summer!

2 comments:

  1. Jealous! Looks like an amazing spot, enjoy your time there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep posting Peebs...we really enjoy reading these! Take care! :-)

    ReplyDelete