Thursday, October 11, 2012

What a health nut

Since trying to keep my weight at a mark so I don't get lectured every week by my doctor, I have really been focusing on trying to eat healthy (no eating for two for this gal). I came across a blender in our apartment, and thought I would try out some healthy shakes to mix up my breakfast routine. It has turned out to be a positive and tasty experiment! Below are two of my favorite morning shakes. Justin even has me make him one for a snack as well.

Combine:
  • 1 Banana
  • 10 or so Almonds
  • 3 Tbsp Pure Oats
  • 3 Tbsp Plain Yogurt
  • 1 Cup Ice
  • 1 Dabble of Honey (optional)
  • 1 Tsp Peanut Butter (optional)
Put it all in a blender and VOILA you have one healthy and great tasting breakfast!


Combine:
  • 1/2-1 Cup Frozen berries (any kind will work) I prefer Strawberries and Raspberries
  • 1 Banana
  • 1/3 Cup Orange Juice
  • 3 Tbsp Plain Yogurt          
Easy breezy mixture to put in the blender and come out with a refreshing smoothie that will help you break that bad case of the Mondays!



No comments:

Post a Comment